Oct 29, 2009

Lifes Lessons

Happy Birthday to me! (well I guess its tomorrow, but my hubby has planned the whole day so I won't be getting on the computer:)) I got to thinking how I will be 22 and all the fabulous years I have had to learn and grow. I was at work one day (so maybe I was, or maybe I wasn't doing my job) , and I started writing a list of 22 life lessons I have learned or am still learning. It was pretty rad to write these truths on paper and see how each lesson has shaped and molded my life in one way or another. Behind every one of these learned truths is an experience or a story that I would never take back. I hope you enjoy, and I hope this provokes some thought about your life and things you have learned during this great journey of life!

1.Submitting to life and situations is the only way for me to enjoy the good, the bad, and the ugly.

2. Men and Women are COMPLETELY different

3. The most important of all the most important decisions is who you marry.

4. There is FAR more good in the world than bad... You just have to search for it.

5. Best book of all time.... Les Miserable.

6. Mitt Romney is the Man.

7. My husband is even a cooler man.

8. Life does not end when a loved one dies.

9. Trying to be perfect is WAAAYY overrated.

10. Shopping cures a bad day. (My Robbie read this list before I posted it, and he agreed with all my lessons, except this one.... I guess he will just keep having bad days till he learns this lesson:))

11. Having faith and devotion in a higher power makes everything make sense.

12. Trying to Balance life sucks! Between serving others, homework, church callings, spending time with loved ones, relaxing, spiritual time, working, cleaning, and getting 8-10 hours of sleep every night.... Who in their right mind expects all that to get done in 24 hours??

13. Seinfeld is perhaps the best T.V. show of all time.

14. I have the greatest parents/step mom on the planet.

15. Losing my mom was the hardest thing of my life.

16. Giving up two years of your life to serve in a cause you know will change the world is the most noble thing you can do.

17. People who have different views and ideas are the people I want to be friends with.

18. To have unconditional love for a person is the ONLY way to get them to change.

19. After being a Pre-School teacher, I now know why we are commanded to become as little children.

20. Chasing my dream to be a photographer has been the most rewarding experience of my life.

21. Losing weight is freaking hard!

22. Being married to my best friend makes my life totally ROCK!

Here are my life lessons... I would love to hear of some you have learned...

5 comments:

  1. Ditto. 23. Having Jessica present in one's life is nothing short of sheer, perfected happiness and love.
    Wishing you 22++++ years of dreams, hope, love and fulfillment.
    Luvs
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha this made me smile. I loved #4 and #9 . That's what I love about you that you are so cool and so REAL. That's why you have so many friends. We all feel that we can be our complete selves around you. You are so GENUINE !!! I think we would all agree you really make life beautiful . Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. Happy Birthday Girl.. I have said it before & I will say it again.. Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom told me I'll never understand how much she loves me until I have a child of my own, and its totally true. As soon as I saw that little face I felt so much love, love I didn't know you could have for someone you've only known for a few seconds. And I agree with the weight one lol, I have a hard time with that too! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No lie--I cried the night I heard about your mom. I probably won't ever say this again, but I think you're...a....ama....amazing. There, I finally said it!
    Haha, Jk, but really. Anyway, I don't have your e-mail (I looked) so my number is 801-372-3164. Use it this once and then destroy it. (But really I want you to keep it in your address book forever)

    ReplyDelete